The Sports Hall of Fame Bursary is awarded annually to four worthy recipients.
Applications will be judged by a committee of members of the Peterborough and District Sports Hall of Fame & Museum.
Criteria may change from time to time to ensure the intentions and objectives of the bursary fund are being met.
Applicant must be a graduating OSSD student who has applied to a College (CAAT), University, or other institute of higher learning acceptable to the selection committee, for the 2021-2022 school year.
The selection committee will use academic achievement, community involvement and participation in organized sport - either in the community and/or secondary school for a minimum of three years, to evaluate applications. In addition, the coaches reference letter and the students personal statement will be used in the evaluation process.
Open to students in any Peterborough County Secondary School who presently reside in Peterborough County and whose permanent residence has been in Peterborough County for the past four years.
Recipients are expected to be present to accept the award and agree to attendant publicity. The awards will be announced in August 2021.
Completed applications must be received by the Peterborough and District Sports Hall of Fame no later than 12 noon on Tuesday July 6th, 2021.
How to submit your application:
- First, download the full application and read it at home
- Prepare Parts B, C, D, E, and F at home as individual PDF or JPG image files. (Five separate files)
- Submit your application via the Online Form
- Read the online form before you upload your files to each of the Parts. When you're ready, follow the instructions in the form to upload your application to our secure server.
- Upon submittion, you will be directed to a thank you confirmation page. Our committee will reach out to acknowledge receipt via email.
STEP 1. Application Package
Download the Bursary Application package (3-page PDF). Give it a good read.
STEP 2. Submit application ONLINE
Ready to submit your bursary application? Click the button below and answer the skill-testing question to open the form.